8 Jul 2015

east and west

Dunkeld
















"Macbeth shall never vanquish'd be until
Great Birnam wood to high Dunsinane hill
Shall come against him." 
Macbeth Act IV, Scene 1, lines 100-102
 This is the last surviving tree of Birnam Wood of Macbeth fame. It's a big old oak tree, some of the boughs propped up on stilts to stop them falling off and crushing people, I assume. If you need some scale, there is actually a person sitting inside the tree in the first picture - if you look closely you can just see his hands and face. It's a pretty big tree.

 Rumbing Bridge. Boy, does it rumble. I don't have a picture of the huge drop of the waterfall on the other side of the bridge because I felt a bit sick leaning over to look and I couldn't bring myself to hold my camera aloft over such a distance. You'll just have to take my word for the fact that it was impressive.

Glen Nevis
Glen Nevis at golden hour



 I wanted to go swimming here very badly, even though it would no doubt have been bitterly unbearably cold. The water was just so perfectly clear, tumbling fresh from the waterfall.

Dunino
clootie tree in a fairy glen



East Neuk of Fife
St. Monan's church


the famous Fife Sasquatch


No comments:

Post a Comment