5 Jan 2014

Paris

Way back in October I went to Paris for a few days and it was the best.


I and a couple of other pals from home were staying with our friend (a fellow year-abroad-er) in her cute flat in Montmartre. I'm always impressed by just how much Paris looks like how you imagine it to look. I mean, it's really sort of ridiculous. Three steps from Emma's front door there was a carousel, a boulangerie (our one-stop baguette shop) and a florist. You just feel like there's always accordion music playing, even when there isn't, if you know what I mean.



(I love this picture, obviously because of the lovely girls but also that guy in the background doing the 'Look I'm holding a tiny Louvre!' thing.)


















Emma and I went on a trip out to Versailles after the other two had gone home, where we spent most of the day wandering around Marie Antoinette's hamlet, squealing and picking which of the cottages we wanted.


I mean, it's pretty easy to see why she was so unpopular when you're faced with such absolutely unnecessary extravagance that also manages to patronise the people whose taxes paid for the whole contrived thing. Having said that, it's pretty bloody adorable.








Friend holidays are the best kind of holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment